Dog eats Christmas pudding and survives

Six-month old Barney stole and ate some Christmas puddings sent to his owner, the editor of a British food magazine, for sampling. The border terrier survived but vets note that grapes and raisins can be toxic to dogs.

Hmmm, guess we can now say “no thanks” with a clean conscience when Grandma asks where to send the annual holiday fruitcake.

Meanwhile in pumpkin pie land where Thanksgiving will be here sooner than you think, the newspapers are already publishing tips on how to help your pets dodge holiday disasters.