Dachshund left paralyzed by snake bite

Roxy an 11-month-old Dachshund is fighting for her life after being bitten on the weekend by a poisonous coral snake, the Palm Beach Post reported.

She’s continuing to show signs of improvement,” veternarian Sidney Lehr told the newspaper. “She has started moving her head a little, though she still can’t open her mouth, needs to be tube fed and have her bladder emptied.”

Roxy’s owner Jeremy Brooks said he and his wife Alethea will sell their car and TV to pay for treatment if necessary.

The entire story is here and here’s the Daily Doxie‘s previous coverage of wiener dogs and snakes.

Update: Roxy is much better.

One thought on “Dachshund left paralyzed by snake bite

Comments are closed.